About Evolve Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Fort Worth, TX
Meet Professor Story
Owner and Chief Instructor at
Evolve Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Fort Worth
3rd Degree Black Belt
The Evolve Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Difference - We offer age-specific classes and within most age groups, we offer beginner, intermediate and advanced classes. This enables us to provide personalized instruction in small class groups. Our professionally trained and highly qualified staff members provide the ultimate Martial Arts learning experience to our students. Our instructors receive ongoing training every week to ensure that they provide the highest quality experience for every student in every one of our classes.
1. Our curriculum - We use a macro-cycle curriculum for teaching all of our students. We teach the same technique/concepts all week long. This way if a student missed class one day they don't miss out on the lesson. It also allows for more repetition of the technique.
2. We start kids as young as 3 1/2 years old - Starting children young helps them build a foundation from the start. Every child is on a different page and by starting martial arts training at a young age it becomes easier to instill the principals of martial arts such as focus, discipline and respect.
3. Our Instructors are IBJJF Certified - Our Head Instructor Professor Story is a 3rd Degree black belt and is recognized by the IBJJF which is the leading Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu organization in the world.
4. Our Gym is Clean!! and Professional. - This sounds funny but it is a big deal to us!! The mats are disinfected every night and the school is cleaned everyday. Having a clean school is right next to having great instruction. We even have a shower for the morning students who have to go back to work.
5. Two high ranking instructors teach the kids classes - Some jiu-jitsu schools let the lower ranks such as blue belts teach the kids. At Evolve BJJ Professor Story himself and his assistants are always teaching the kids classes together. Providing more one on one with the kids and learning jiu-jitsu from and 3rd Degree Black Belt and a Brown Belt instead of a blue belt like other schools might do.
Professor Christopher Story is a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with over 19 years of brazilian jiu-jitsu experience.
Christopher Story started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu January 25, 1999 and earned his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in February 16, 2008 under Professor Orlando Waugh after 9 years of training. In 2010 he joined the Nova Uniao Team under Professor Bruno Bastos. In February 2014 he earned his second degree in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Professor Story has an extensive teaching coaching career spanning 14 years teaching kids and adults. Early on his dream was to one day open a school. When asked ""What made you want to teach and open a school?"
Professor Story replied, "I developed a passion for teaching from day one after seeing children's faces light up from sense of accomplishment gained by learning a technique. It made me feel good inside to see them learn and grow. I also discovered that martial arts teaches more then just self defense, martial arts is more about the development of ones self. It helped me become more positive, disciplined and focused in my life. I wanted to share how martial arts has changed my life in a positive manner. I didn't know about a having a positive attitude until I started martial arts. Before martial arts I didn't even know there there was such thing as positive attitude. Martial arts has changed my life and I want to help change others lives children and adults."
How To Get Started
Come join our Fort Worth, TX Martial Arts facility! We offer programs in Kids Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Birthday Parties. Choose a program that most interests you and have the opportunity to sign-up right here on our site for one of our awesome web specials. Or feel free to give us a call at 817-886-0729 if you have any further questions. Evolve Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu hopes to speak with you soon!